Health is the most important thing. Please consult and follow the health recommendation of the World Health Organization and of your country.
At this page you will find useful resources and information on the topic “Cinemas Reopening”.
For the the reopening dates of each country, check the main page on the situation of cinemas.
AG Kino – Gilde
The German association of arthouse cinemas published a press releases on the measures that could be taken in order to reopen the cinemas, together with a protection and hygiene plan.
Press Release (in German)
Protection and Hygiene Plan (in German)
ADRC – Agence pour le Développement Régionale du Cinéma
The French Agency of Regional Development of Cinema conducted surveys with distributors and exhibitors to support the CNC to structure a strategic plan of relaunch of the cinema industry.
Report on the research (in French)
Art House Convergence
Reopening safely: reflections and considerations from US exhibitors
Gower Street Analytics is a leading global film tech company founded in 2015. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its catastrophic effect on cinemas worldwide, Gower Street developed its 5-stage Blueprint To Recovery.
Gower Street 5-stage Blueprint (in English)
Reopening kit for cinemas: boxoffice.
- Coronavirus: Independent cinemas unlikely to open before September. BBC (31.05.2020)
- French exhibitors eye July reopening. Screendaily (27.05.2020)
- Cannes Film Festival to release its selection in June with a plan of bringing the films out into the world, across partnering film festivals and at cinemas in the fall. IndieWire (10.05.2020)
- First results of the virtual screenings on Kino Marquee show Bacurau at the top of the views. IndieWire (08.05.2020)
- Mobilizing movie-goers back to theatres. Boxoffice Pro (06.05.2020)
- European Cinema Re-Openings: Major Markets Eye June-July As Soft Rollout Begins In Smaller Hubs. Deadline (06.05.2020)
- When and how cinemas will reopen in UK. Telegraph (05.05.2020)
Boxoffice – Podcast about the Return to Cinema: Social Distancing and Restrictions (11.05.2020)
Boxoffice – Podcast on the reopening of American cinemas (27.04.2020)
Boxoffice – Podcast on the reopening of European cinemas (20.04.2020)