Art Cinema = Action + Management training programme
CICAE, the International Confederation of Art Cinemas, offers an international training programme for professionals working in the art-house exhibition industry. The seminar is organised with the support of the Creative Europe’s MEDIA Programme. It brings together around 30 trainers and 50 participants coming from all over the world, for an 8-day programme of lectures, workshops, case studies and screenings.
AIMS OF THE TRAINING PROGRAMME
- Communicate to the new generation of art house managers the specific knowledge (methods, tools, ideas and contacts) they need for programming, event organisation and management of an art house cinema.
- Offer exhibitors a space where they can reflect on their practices, share their experiences and discover new opportunities in their industry.
- Provide insight into the know-how and the challenges of the sector.
- Benefit from the skills of around a hundred top-notch cinema professionals and trainers.
- Create a network of contacts and exchange experiences with one’s peers.
- Develop short and long-term projects.
PARTICIPANTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
The training is suitable for:
- Exhibitors, programmers and cabin operators of art house cinema theatres
- Exhibitors planning to change their cinema into an art house cinema
- Exhibitors planning to open an art house cinema theatre
- Institutional and other professionals wanting to understand and develop their skills in the art house exhibition industry.
The Juniors Session: Suitable for art house operators and programmers with at least 1 year’s experience and to other industry professionals, like festival programmers, operators, distributors and public or private film institutions who would like to enhance their knowledge and skills or are planning to open an art house cinema. This is an 8-day residential training programme.
The Executives Session: Suitable for exhibitors and programmers with at least 5 years’ experience in an art house cinema and to other professionals with extensive experience in the sector, like festival programmers, operators, distributors and public or private film institutions who would like to enhance their knowledge of independent exhibition in Europe. This is an 6-day residential training programme.
Lectures of the training programme are conducted with both Juniors and Executives together. For the workshops, participants are divided into groups.
Both editions are open to candidates fluent in conversational English.
The application will be considered definitive once the training convention has been signed (by June 26th).
The working language is English (intermediate skills) but simultaneous translation into 4 languages for all lectures will be available in Italian, English, French and German.
This fee includes:
- Accommodation in a single room on the island of San Servolo
- Local ground transportation between Venice airport or train station and San Servolo Island
- Breakfast and lunch at the canteen of San Servolo Island
- Industry Professional Accreditation to the Venice International Film Festival
- Training material, training results and presentations, pictures and video.
Travel costs to and from Venice are not included in the fee: the flight will be at participants’ cost.
According to the Europe Creative MEDIA Programme guidelines, the CICAE allocates a part of its overall budget to scholarships.
1) STRONG SCHOLARSHIPS
Executives: €500 discount = enrolment fee: €450
Juniors: €850 discount = enrolment fee: €600
It is a reduction of the participation fee. It will be granted to participants who satisfy all these conditions: 1) previously asked for it in the application process; 2) are working in a “new” European country or from a country with a weak audio-visual potential, for a company in a difficult economic situation (small/strong debt); 3) who cannot benefit from other scholarships.
2) MEDIUM SCHOLARSHIPS
Executives: €300 discount = enrolment fee €650
Juniors: €550 discount = enrolment fee: €900
It covers part of the tuition fees. It will be granted to participants who satisfy all these conditions: 1) previously asked for it in the application process; 2) are working in an “old” European country for a company in a difficult economic situation (small/strong debt), or are working in a “new” European country or country with weak audio-visual potential with a small profit/balance economic situation 3) can’t benefit from other scholarships.
3) TRAVEL GRANT
It covers 50% of the plane/train ticket to/from Venice, economy class. The grant will be reimbursed after the training. It will be granted among the participants who: 1) previously asked for it in the application process; 2) don’t benefit from a strong scholarship or another scholarship for travel costs.
4) OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS
Participants are encouraged to apply for financial support with their national or regional funding bodies first. Please ask the MEDIA Desk in your country if there are any funding opportunities available. Kindly inform us if you apply to a national or regional fund. The CNC can give scholarships to participants who come from countries outside MEDIA.
SHARED ROOM REBATE
Furthermore, participants willing to share a double/triple room with other(s) participant(s) of the same sex will receive an automatic rebate on the cost of accommodation: €125 for Executives and €175 for Juniors.