The CICAE is governed by a Board of Directors, composed of national association members and representatives of individual cinemas and of festivals, and a Bureau (or Steering Committee), which is formed by a President, 2 to 4 Vice presidents, a treasurer and a secretary. The Board of Directors and Bureau run for a two-year term.
The Board meets at least once a year and takes main decisions for the financial aspects and the core activities of the association. During the annual General Assembly, where all members are invited, the Board presents the financial and moral report, which the assembly has to vote upon, as well as the evolution of the projects.
The current Board was elected at the CICAE General Assembly in June 2021.
The Bureau is elected by the Board of Directors and is formed by a president, 2 to 4 vice-presidents, a treasurer and a secretary. Additional members can be also elected. The Bureau is elected every 2 years, and has executive power.
- Dr. Christian Bräuer, Germany
- Guillaume Bachy, France
- Domenico Dinoia, Italy
- Mario Fortin, Canada
- Peggy Johnson, USA
- Cyril Désiré, France
- Eva Morsch-Kihn, France
Member of the Board
- Mira Staleva, Bulgaria
- Roland Probst, Switzerland
- Detlef Rossmann, Germany
- Gabriele Röthemeyer, Germany
Next election of the Bureau will take place in May 2023.
Board of Members
The Board of Members is formed by representatives of the founding members (Association Française des Cinémas d’Art et d’Essai, Association Suisse des Cinémas d’Art and the AG Kino – Gilde), by representatives of the members of category A (national or regional associations), category B (individual cinemas) and category C (festivals).
- Guillaume Bachy (newly elected president at AFCAE in autumn 2022)
- Cyril Désiré
AG Kino-Gilde, Germany
- Christian Bräuer
- Petra Rockenfeller
Schweizer Studiofilmverband SSV, Switzerland
- Tobias Faust
Representatives of membership categories
- Marijana Bosnjak, Kinematografi Osijek, Croatia
- Tanja Helm, Cinematograph & Leokino, Austria
- Hannele Marjavaara, Kino Tapiola, Finland
- Mira Staleva, Dom Na Kinoto, Bulgaria
- Tibor Biro, Cinefest Miskolc, Hungary
- Peggy Johnson, Loft Film Fest, USA
- Eva Morsch-Kihn, Cinélatino Rencontres de Toulouse, France
- Alain Bouffartigue, France
- Micheline Gardez, France
- Simone Lancelot, France
- Volker Schlöndorff, Germany
- István Szabó, Hungary